Brave New Films champions social justice issues through the power of film to educate, inspire, empower, and motivate people to take action and make a difference in society.
Our full-length documentary team is looking for a phenomenal Assistant Editor who is proficient in working with a small team to manage the technical aspects of moving a project from content ingesting and workflow streamlining within our NLE, to a finished documentary feature. The position is full-time and will require a roughly year-long commitment.
- Responsible for logging, archiving, and organizing footage on ingest.
- Prepare and assemble string outs and short content if needed.
- Assist Editors and Producers in managing day-to-day details to streamline the post-production process and maximize team productivity.
- Collaborate with Editors and manage a group of interns in assessing and editing incoming footage.
- Responsible for a CatDV ingest workflow, so previous experience within CatDV or any MAM is a plus.
- Work with Editors on sound mixing and color edits.
- Conform assets for delivery to third-party vendors for sound mix and color correction, as well as feature launch deliverables to theaters and other venues.
- Extremely Proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro (preferred NLE)
- Previous experience working in post-production on documentary films and/or in reality TV is required
- Must be comfortable with a wide variety of video codecs and formats
- Must be comfortable working in After Effects, Illustrator, and Photoshop if/when needed
- Must have great communication skills and be able to give and receive critical feedback in a small team environment
- Must be meticulous, technical, and organized to keep the technical elements of the project on track
- Must be able to comfortably pivot between duties as the need arises
- Able to work independently and under close direction
- Experienced in deadline driven environments
- Experience with DaVinci Resolve or Adobe Audition for color and/or sound finishing
- Experience behind a camera and knowledge of lighting and sound design a plus
- Available to take calls after hours as deadlines require
- Eager and engaged in the filmmaking process, and able to stay positive in times of calm and chaos.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a resume and cover letter with the following:
- In your cover letter, include why you are interested in this position
- A link to your reel if available
- An example of a non-scripted short or long-form piece you edited or were involved with as an AE
Send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
BNF provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.