Brave New Foundation seeks an Associate Producer/Editor to provide wide-ranging support for a new multi-year media campaign on criminal justice reform. The campaign will raise public awareness about America’s overreliance on incarceration and promote alternative policies rooted in rehabilitation, crime prevention, and personal freedom. We will use short videos and online organizing to change attitudes and inspire people to make a positive social difference.
- Producing and editing short videos (usually no longer than four minutes) in a fast-paced, political environment.
- Performing tasks including shooting, casting, logistics, finding online content, and extensive editing in Final Cut Pro (including graphics).
- Providing general support in a variety of areas including (but not limited to) video ingestion/transcoding, file management, news gathering, researching criminal justice policy, interviewing, creating graphics in Photoshop, fact-checking, and updating the website.
- At least two years’ experience in video and media production: “concepting,” planning, shooting, etc. Familiarity with Panasonic, Canon DSLR, and Sony camera formats.
- Demonstrated proficiency in post-production, with at least two years’ experience in Final Cut Pro editing and the ability to do quick edits. Knowledge of motion graphics required; After Effects a big plus.
- At least two years’ experience in news/content research and gathering.
- Competent with digital asset management and organization.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field.
- Ability to communicate well with diverse audiences: policymakers, advocates, media outlets, and people from different races, ethnicities, and regions.
- Attention to detail, with superb logistical and time management skills.
- Technologically adept; savvy at social media.
- Ability to multi-task, work hard, and work quickly.
- Willingness to travel.
- Commitment to social justice and progressive causes.
Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter, and list of three references to email@example.com; only complete applications will be considered. Include ASSOCIATE PRODUCER/EDITOR in the subject line. Please show in your cover letter that you’ve read the above carefully to ensure you’re a good fit. No calls. The position is in Los Angeles. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.