Brave New Films champions social justice issues through the power of film to educate, inspire, empower, and motivate people to take action and make a difference.
Our shorts team is looking for a phenomenal editor who is excited to make a variety of shorts, ranging in length, style, approach and topics. We are looking for a passionate, fast, creative, bilingual editor who will bring our work to the next level.
Candidates must be:
- Able to create compelling and emotional stories out of interviews and found footage in a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
- Skilled in Premiere Pro. Other adobe suite skills like After Effects and Photoshop are a big plus.
- Highly organized and able to juggle multiple projects.
- Technically skilled and expected to meet tight deadlines.
- Able to speak fluent Spanish and translate into English.
- Proactive and incorporates feedback like a champ.
- Committed to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Excited to work in a collaborative, team environment.
- Camera operation experience preferred
- Able to conduct excellent interviews and know how to put a person at ease in sensitive situations to bring out the story inside is another plus.
How To Apply:
Please submit a resume and cover letter with the following:
- A link to your reel
- An example of a non-scripted short piece you edited
- A source of inspiration
- And a critique of our recent work– let us know what you liked about it and what you think you could improve.
Send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
BNF is committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion into our workplace where such values are at the forefront of our daily work and interactions. We value and seek diverse team members who are passionate, innovative, and supportive of these values.
The duration of this position is 4 weeks with the possibility of extension.
BNF provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.