Feature Films Intern
Brave New Films champions social justice issues by using media to inspire, empower, motivate, engage and teach civic participation that makes a difference. Our goal is to support the active civic engagement of an informed citizenry by calling attention to important issues through non-partisan social media production and our ingenious multi-platform distribution network.
We are seeking a Feature Film Intern to do in-depth research for our upcoming film on civil resistance worldwide and the story of how non-violent civil actions have more success than violence in achieving power change. The film will look at civil resistance through the years in different countries, including the United States.
We’re looking for an intern who:
- Possesses the tenacity to go beyond the simple google search and an eagerness to follow up on leads, call people, ask questions, etc;
- Is extremely organized and ready to go through a lot of media and be able to keep track of where it is all coming from;
- Has the ability to do data/metadata entry - thinking about what kind of “tags” are helpful and entering footage into our catalogue database;
- Wants to learn as much as possible about civil resistance and social change across the world;
- Can select the best bites from a lot of information and distill into 10 min string-outs;
- Is familiar with Adobe Premiere and CATDV (a plus, but not required);
- Has experience with language(s) other than English (a plus, but not required);
- Possesses excellent writing skills;
- Is passionate about social justice, progressive politics and research.
Applicants must be currently enrolled in a college program in a related field. This unpaid position will last for 12-24 weeks, minimum of 20 hours a week, and is located in Culver City, CA. A transportation stipend is available.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
BNF provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.