Brave New Foundation seeks an Operations Coordinator to provide wide-ranging support for the daily operations of the non-profit organization.
This includes, but is not limited to, specific technical support of Brave New Foundation’s web based community organizing system (NationBuilder), email system/server (Exchange 2010), and traditional office equipment as well as general and typical front office support. This position requires flexibility, problem solving, and attention to detail and high quality work.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Self-starter with a positive “can do” attitude, extraordinary communication skills; high level project management skills
- Ability to work independently and contribute to overall success of team while continuing to grow and gain expertise from senior staff and consultants
- Passion for inspiring and creating change in a non-profit environment
- Ability to interact with and build relationships with fellow team members, a diverse group of partners and the public
- Ability to handle confidential information with professionalism
- Has strong organizational skills, a high level of accuracy and attention to detail and thrives on managing multiple tasks
Essential Functions and Duties
Technical Systems & Programs:
- Proficient and adept at understanding office networking and email server systems
- Proficient and adept at understanding computer platforms (mac/pc) and their maintenance/troubleshooting
- Capable and adept at learning and researching new office systems and databases including CRM systems
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency of Microsoft word and excel
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency of Outlook, Entourage, and Mail
- Manage office operations and systems, including keeping records, filing (electronic and hard copies)
- Coordinate operation, implementation, management, and maintenance of all office equipment including, but not limited to, computers and computer related software; copier and fax; telephone systems, postage meter, etc.
- Process, sort, and distribute all incoming and outgoing office mail and packages
- Support in organizational areas including scheduling and preparing for meetings and events, answering phone, greeting guests/visitors, as well as ordering and managing office and building supplies.
- At least one year’s experience in a general office environment or position
- At least one year’s experience in a technical office/web environment or position
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to: OperationsCoordinator@bravenewfoundation.org
Only complete applications will be considered. No calls. The position is in Culver City, CA
Brave New Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employs without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, handicap or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Additionally, it is the policy of Brave New Foundation to maintain a work environment free from discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran/military status, marital status or other status protected by federal or state law, with regard to any term or condition of employment.