Outreach and Programs Intern
Brave New Films champions social justice issues by using media to inspire, empower, motivate, engage and teach civic participation that makes a difference. Our goal is to support the active civic engagement of an informed citizenry by calling attention to important issues through non-partisan social media production and our ingenious multi-platform distribution network.
We are seeking an Outreach and Programs Intern to work closely with the Screenings Team and the Brave New Fellows Program. This unpaid position will last 12-24 weeks, a minimum of 20 hours a week, and is located in Culver City, CA. A transportation stipend is available. The intern needs to have a passion for social justice and an eagerness to learn!
- Build lists of contact information for outreach to partner organizations/groups, faith communities, and schools
- Email and call potential partners to promote and set up screenings of BNF films
- Support Fellows Program Coordinator through recruitment and selection process for the fellowship
- Help to devise strategies for increased outreach
- Conduct research on topics related to inequality, justice and security
- Currently enrolled in a college program in a related field
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Drive
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop
- Passion for politics and activism
- Experience with and interest in in-depth research
- Strong writing skills
- Flexibility and a sense of humor
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
BNF provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.