Outreach and Programs Intern
We are seeking an Outreach and Programs Intern to begin in September 2016 and work closely with the Screenings Team, the Brave New Fellows Program, and the Faith Organizer. This unpaid position will last 12-24 weeks, a minimum of 20 hours a week, and is located in Culver City, CA. A transportation stipend is available. The intern needs to have a passion for social justice and an eagerness to learn!
- Build lists of contact information for outreach to partner organizations/groups, faith communities, and schools
- Email and call potential partners to promote and set up screenings of BNF films
- Support Fellows Program Coordinator through recruitment and selection process for the fellowship Help to devise strategies for increased outreach
- Conduct research on topics related to inequality, justice and security
- Currently enrolled in a college program in a related field, especially education and/or humanities
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google
- Passion for politics and activism Experience with faith-based organizing
- Experience with and interest in in-depth research
- Strong writing skills Flexibility and a sense of humor
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Brave New Films is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employs without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, handicap or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.