Outreach and Research Intern
Brave New Films champions social justice issues by using media to inspire, empower, motivate, engage and teach civic participation that makes a difference. Our goal is to support the active civic engagement of an informed citizenry by calling attention to important issues through non-partisan social media production and our ingenious multi-platform distribution network.
We are seeking an Outreach and Research Intern. This unpaid position will last 12-24 weeks, a minimum of 20 hours a week, and is located in Culver City, CA. A transportation stipend is available. The intern needs to have a desire to learn about coordinating campaigns and have a passion for social justice. Flexibility, kindness and an eagerness to learn are required!
- Keep up with current events
- Draft and edit emails
- Create lists of contacts for outreach
- Assist in campaign plans
- Research social justice organizations and issue areas
- Currently enrolled in a college program in a related field, especially political science
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- Passion for politics and social justice
- Experience with and interest in in-depth research
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Desire to use film as a tool for social change
- Desire to learn more
- Not afraid to share ideas and participate
- Flexibility and a sense of humor
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BNF provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.