Shorts Production Intern
Brave New Films champions social justice issues by using media to inspire, empower, motivate, engage and teach civic participation that makes a difference. Our goal is to support the active civic engagement of an informed citizenry by calling attention to important issues through non-partisan social media production and our ingenious multi-platform distribution network.
We are seeking a Shorts Production Intern. This unpaid position will last 12-24 weeks, a minimum of 20 hours a week, and is located in Culver City, CA. A transportation stipend is available. The intern needs to have a desire to learn about shorts production and have a passion for social justice. Flexibility, kindness and an eagerness to learn are required!
- Ingest and organize web and original footage according to our particular post protocols.
- Create string outs of selections based on scripts and project needs
- Research facts and statistical information that support our pieces
- Hunt down original sources of images or creative common footage
- Review previously shot original footage to mark for reuse
- Create master clips logs of final cuts, noting timecode, sources, and making fair use judgment calls
- Transcribe material, occasionally needed
- Share cool videos and looks we can learn from as a team
- Currently enrolled in a college program in a related field
- Knowledge of and familiarity with Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro
- Experience editing short videos for either class or personal projects
- Basic knowledge of ingesting footage from DSLR cameras into a Premiere project
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
BNF provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.