Brave New Films champions social justice issues by using media to inspire, empower, motivate, engage and teach civic participation that makes a difference. Our goal is to support the active civic engagement of an informed citizenry by calling attention to important issues through non-partisan social media production and our ingenious multi-platform distribution network.
We are seeking a Development/Fundraising Intern. This unpaid position will last 12-24 weeks, a minimum of 20 hours a week, and is located in Culver City, CA. A transportation stipend is available. The intern needs to have a strong passion for social justice, politics, and research.
- Research possible donors and foundations
- Maintain Nationbuilder database - merging duplicates and improving overall quality of database
- Coordinate mailings (thank yous, packages, etc)
- Solicit donations via phone
- Handle stewardship of existing donors by contact/follow up/relationship building
- Manage strategic targeting of supporters/donors/foundations
- Currently enrolled in a college program in a related field
- Passion for Brave New Films’ mission and an understanding that this organization, though “nonpartisan,” is political
- Passion for Development/Fundraising either in a non profit setting or political
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially mail merge) and Excel
- Copy editing
- Basic understanding of database management (not required but will train the right person)
- Keen attention to detail
- Willingness to learn and a positive attitude
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
BNF provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.