Brave New Films champions social justice issues through the power of film to educate, inspire, empower, and motivate people to take action and make a difference. Our shorts team is looking for a phenomenal editor who is excited to make a variety of shorts, ranging in length, style, approach and topics. We are looking for a passionate, fast, visually creative editor who will bring our work to the next level.
This is a full-time temporary position based in our Culver City office with the opportunity for extension.
Candidates must be:
- Able to create compelling and emotional stories out of interviews and found footage in a collaborative and fast paced environment.
- Exceptionally skilled in Premiere Pro and able to AE own work.
- Remain extremely organized in an ever-changing environment and juggle multiple projects.
- Technically skilled and expected to meet tight deadlines.
- Proactive and incorporates feedback like a champ.
- Committed to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Excited to work in a collaborative, team environment.
Additional skills that are big pluses
- Ability to translate from Spanish into English.
- Working knowledge of After Effects.
- Ability to operate a camera and conduct interviews to bring out the best in people.
Who are you?
- You are proactive and like getting your hands dirty.
- You solve problems with creativity and passion.
- If you don't know something, you say so. Then go figure it out quickly.
- You naturally go the extra mile.
- You thrive in a fast-paced work environment, readily adapting to continually changing priorities and aggressive project timeframes.
If this sounds like you, please submit a resume and cover letter with:
- A link to your reel
- An example of a non-scripted short piece you edited
- A source of inspiration
- And a critique of our recent work– let us know what you liked about it and what you think you could improve.
Send your application to: email@example.com
BNF is committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion into our workplace where such values are at the forefront of our daily work and interactions. We value and seek diverse team members who are passionate, innovative, and supportive of these values.
BNF provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.