Faith Community Outreach Intern
Brave New Films champions social justice issues by using media to inspire, empower, motivate, engage and teach civic participation that makes a difference. Our goal is to support the active civic engagement of an informed citizenry by calling attention to important issues through non-partisan social media production and our ingenious multi-platform distribution network.
We are seeking a Faith Community Outreach Intern to work closely with Coordinator of the Brave New Faith Partners Program. This unpaid position will last 12-24 weeks, requires a minimum of 24 hours a week, and is located in Culver City, CA. A local transportation reimbursement is available.
- Build lists of contact information for outreach to partner organizations/groups and individual faith communities;
- Provide support to screening hosts on registration questions, feedback surveys, and DVD requests;
- Maintain and build the audience for social media pages connected to the Brave New Faith Partners Program;
- Help to devise strategies for outreach to new audiences;
- Create graphics and layout printed materials;
- Research topics related to inequality, justice and security to support writing of reflection guides.
- Currently enrolled in a college program in a related field;
- Experience in a faith-based organization or interest in learning about outreach to faith communities;
- Passion for social justice, advocacy and using film as tools for reflection and action;
- Strong writing and research skills;
- Experience with graphic design;
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Drive;
- Flexibility and a sense of humor.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Brave New Films is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employs without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, handicap or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.