Brave New Films (BNF) is a non-profit organization that creates and distributes narrative content on social justice issues to educate and activate people to make a difference. We are seeking an Office Assistant to provide wide-ranging support for the daily operations of the non-profit organization and its multi-faceted internal departments.
This includes, but is not limited to, general front office support and traditional office assistant duties and responsibilities. The Office Assistant will support multiple departments. This position requires flexibility, problem solving, writing skills, meticulous attention to detail and high-quality work.
This is an entry level position in a company whose employees are passionate about their work and thrive in a supportive atmosphere while dealing with important issues.
BNF is committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion into our workplace. We value and seek diverse team members who are passionate, innovative, and supportive of these values.
We are looking for:
· Self-starter with a positive “can do” attitude, extraordinary communication skills and high-level project management skills
· Ability to interact with and build relationships with fellow team members, and a diverse group of partners
· Ability to handle confidential information with professionalism
· Strong organizational skills, a high level of accuracy and attention to detail and thrives on managing multiple tasks
· Comfortable with frequent incoming requests and has the know-how to set daily, weekly, and monthly priorities
· Passion for inspiring and creating change in a non-profit environment
· Duties will include a wide variety of administrative, planning and secretarial tasks, in particular:
· Daily administrative responsibilities such as answering phones, greeting guests, and ad hoc office projects
· Coordinate operation, implementation, management, and maintenance of all office equipment
· Managing office networking and communication systems (email, project management tools, google drive)
· Managing office operations including postage and shipping of materials
· Drafting correspondence, proofreading and copying
- At least one year’s experience in a general office environment or related position
- Passion for our mission and vision
- Exemplary organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple urgent and competing priorities
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical abilities and outstanding judgment
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office 365 Outlook Exchange, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Yearly salary of $41,600
- Premium-free Health Care Benefits
- Vacation/Sick Pay/Personal Days/Maternity-Paternity-Family Leave
- Matching 401k
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send us a resume and a compelling cover letter which let’s us know who you are and why you are the right person for this position to: OfficeOperations@bravenewfilms.org. Please use subject line: Office Assistant Job.
Only complete applications will be considered. Please no phone calls. The position is in Culver City, CA
BNF is committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion into our workplace where such values are at the forefront of our daily work and interactions. We value and seek diverse team members who are passionate, innovative, and supportive of these values.
BNF provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.