Brave New Films is seeking a full-time Outreach Associate. The Outreach Associate’s role is to provide support to the Outreach Department for our forthcoming film about voter suppression, Suppressed: The Fight to Vote (www.FightToVote.org). We have an ambitious goal of securing 3,000+ screenings across the country leading up to the 2020 election. Screenings include house parties, classroom/campus screenings, organizational screenings and faith screenings.
- Conduct ongoing research, identify outreach targets, and contact likely hosts to screen the film
- Coordinate with middle schools, high schools, colleges and other youth serving programs who wish to screen
- Coordinate with nonprofits, community groups, and various institutions who wish to screen
- Coordinate with faith communities who wish to screen
- With the assistance of the Outreach Director and Faith Program Manager develop and/or deliver curriculum directly associated with specific Outreach audiences.
- Track all outreach activities, maintain and report appropriate statistics, and input contacts into the CRM system (NationBuilder).
- Attend local screenings when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Comfortable communicating with all levels of audiences through various media including phone, email, and in-person, (bilingual is a plus)
- Confidence and ability to reach out to cold contacts and effectively communicate why they would want to screen the film and walk them through the process
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with campus, community, union, or political outreach or organizing
- Knowledge of progressive and/or electoral politics
- Self-motivated, self-starter, takes initiative and follows-through
- Must be able to work independently and as a part of a team
- Adept with Microsoft Office products and Google Suite
- Experience working with a database (NationBuilder a plus)
$800/week, 40 hours
Health insurance paid by employer after 30 days.
Culver City, CA
Please send your resume, 3 references, and a cover letter outlining why you are a good fit for this role to email@example.com with “Outreach Associate” in the subject line. Application deadline: September 18, 2019.
Brave New Films provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.