Shorts Production Intern
Brave New Films champions social justice issues by using media to inspire, empower, motivate, engage and teach civic participation that makes a difference. Our goal is to support the active civic engagement of an informed citizenry by calling attention to important issues through non-partisan social media production and our ingenious multi-platform distribution network.
We are seeking a Shorts Production Intern. This unpaid position will last 12-24 weeks, a minimum of 20 hours a week, and is located in Culver City, CA. A transportation stipend is available. The intern needs to have a desire to learn about shorts production and have a passion for social justice. Flexibility, kindness and an eagerness to learn are required!
- Find clips from the web to support Director of Campaigns, editors and current projects.
- Ingest and organize web and original footage according to our particular post protocols.
- Create string outs of selections based on scripts and project needs
- Research facts and statistical information that support our pieces
- Hunt down original sources of images or creative common footage
- Review previously shot original footage to mark for reuse
- Create master clips logs of final cuts, noting timecode, sources, and making fair use judgment calls
- Transcribe material, occasionally needed
- Share cool videos and looks we can learn from as a team
- Currently enrolled in a college program in a related field
- Knowledge of and familiarity with Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro
- Experience editing short videos for either class or personal projects
- Basic knowledge of ingesting footage from DSLR cameras into a Premiere project
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Brave New Films is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employs without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, handicap or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.