Social Media Intern
Brave New Films champions social justice issues by using media to inspire, empower, motivate, engage and teach civic participation that makes a difference. Our goal is to support the active civic engagement of an informed citizenry by calling attention to important issues through non-partisan social media production and our ingenious multi-platform distribution network.
We are seeking a Social Media Intern to work with the Distribution Team. This position will last at least 10-12 weeks, a minimum of 18 hours a week, and pays $15/hour. We are located in Culver City, CA. A transportation stipend is available.
The Distribution Team is responsible for increasing BNF’s reach and impact. The Social Media Intern will assist the Distribution Team by curating and creating new, engaging content for active social media channels; monitoring trending topics; and synthesizing analytics.
- Keep up with current events; research and monitor trending topics for rapidresponse
- Create posts for multiple social media platforms using both curated and original
- Engage with audience by responding to comments
- Monitor analytics and create reports
- Assist in the creation of engaging content, including photos, memes and videos
- Research new opportunities for the distribution of BNF content
- Currently enrolled in a college program in a related field, especially communications
- or political science
- Conversant with major social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter,
- Instagram, and YouTube
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and a knowledge of basic graphic design
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to research and digest complex issues quickly and effectively
- Passion for progressive politics, social justice and activism; desire to use film as a tool for social change
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Flexibility, enthusiasm, self-motivated and a positive attitude!
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter outlining your qualifications and how your values resonate with Brave New Films to firstname.lastname@example.org
Brave New Films is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employs without regard to sex, race, gender, national origin, religion, age, socioeconomic status, handicap or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.