Social Media Intern
Brave New Films champions social justice issues by using media to inspire, empower, motivate, engage and teach civic participation that makes a difference. Our goal is to support the active civic engagement of an informed citizenry by calling attention to important issues through non-partisan social media production and our ingenious multi-platform distribution network.
We are seeking a Social Media Intern. This unpaid position will last 12-24 weeks, a minimum of 20 hours a week, and is located in Culver City, CA. A transportation stipend is available.
The distribution team is responsible for growing BNF’s presence and outreach on social media, devising strategies to increase traffic to BNF videos and website, launching new campaigns, managing BNF’s online profiles, building a fan base, and turning clicks into offline action. The Social Media Intern will assist the distribution team by curating and creating new, engaging content for active social media channels; monitoring trending topics; identifying relevant organizations for partnerships and promotion; and synthesizing analytics.
- Keep up with current events; research and monitor trending topics for rapid-response posts and memes
- Create posts for multiple social media platforms using curated and original content
- Engage with audience by responding to comments
- Optimize social media content (titles, thumbnails, descriptions, playlists, captions)
- Monitor analytics and create reports
- Research social justice organizations and issue areas, create lists of contacts for outreach
- Write compelling ledes for new content
- Draft emails for content launches
- Assist in the creation of engaging content, including photos and videos
- Currently enrolled in a college program in a related field, especially political science
- Conversant with major social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and a knowledge of basic graphic design (i.e. can independently create social media memes from scratch under creative direction)
- Basic video editing skills in Adobe Premiere (not required but a plus)
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Ability to research and digest complex issues quickly and effectively
- Passion for progressive politics, social justice and activism; desire to use film as a tool for social change
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Flexibility, enthusiasm, self-motivated and a positive attitude!
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brave New Films is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employs without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, handicap or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.