Supervising Producer – Short-Form Content
Brave New Films champions social justice issues through the power of film to educate, inspire, empower, and motivate people to take action and make a difference.
Are you a strong story teller with lots of experience as an editor or producer? Are you passionate about social justice, and want to actually do something about it? Not just rant about it on social media? Do you genuinely like to work hard knowing that it will impact the key political/social issues of the day? If this sounds like you we invite you to apply for this critically important job at BNF.
NOTE: Only fully completed applications will be considered.
- Develop video concepts in coordination with the President and other departments with strong proven storytelling skills.
- Oversee all video production from conception through completion and delivery
- Assign and oversee research
- Approve budgets and schedules
- Write scripts and edit team members’ scripts
- Manage post production schedule for multiple, simultaneous, tight deadlines
- Provide creative direction during pre-production and editing
- Manage input and execute notes from other departments at each stage of production
- Maintain records archives for each project
- Supervise Researchers, Editors, Graphics Designer, and additional staff
- QC all cuts before sending to president and all finals before release
- Ability to take a hands-on role at any stage of production – researching, writing, shooting and editing.
- Take lead role in establishing culture of creativity, constructive criticism and high standards for aesthetics and ethics.
- Seek out and hire outside talent to aide and assist current projects, such as musicians, sound designers, and additional freelancers.
- Coordinate with all departments for various video needs, including fundraisers, trailers, and other internal promotional materials.
- Must have extensive unscripted editing or producing experience, be tech-savvy and have impeccable organizational and communication skills.
- Experience with trailers, promotional videos and concept development.
- Proven track record of managing video production as well as on set and post-production experience.
- Ability to remain flexible and calm in high pressure situations and adjust as multiple moving parts consistently change.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud apps - especially Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Knowledge of CATdv, Dropbox, Basecamp, and Spanish are helpful.
Who are you?
- You are proactive and like getting your hands dirty.
- You solve problems with creativity and passion.
- If you don't know something, you say so. Then go figure it out quickly.
- You naturally go the extra mile.
- You thrive in a fast-paced work environment, readily adapting to continually changing priorities and aggressive project timeframes.
How to Apply:
Send a resume and a cover letter with the following elements (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org):
- What issues you care about politically and why.
- Tell us about your best work experience and why. Your worst work experience and why (don’t include any names)
- Pick any 3 -5 BNF short films and tell us
- Why you like them
- What you would do to improve them
- Provide us 3 ideas for short films. Approximately one paragraph on each
- Links to your prior editing or producing work.
- Provide 3 work references we can contact.
Only fully completed applications will be considered. Send your application to email@example.com. We offer a competitive salary and benefits which include fully paid healthcare insurance premiums (including dental/vision), maternity/paternity leave, paid family leave, vacation, hiatus, personal and sick days.
BNF is committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion into our workplace where such values are at the forefront of our daily work and interactions. We value and seek diverse team members who are passionate, innovative, and supportive of these values.
BNF provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.