About Brave New Films
Our mission is to champion social justice issues by using a model of media, education, and grassroots volunteer involvement that inspires, empowers, motivates and teaches civic participation and makes a difference.
Robert Greenwald and Brave New Films are creating a better America, and we want you to join us. Using media, films, volunteers and internet video campaigns, Brave New Films has created a quick-strike capability that informs the public, challenges mainstream media with the truth, and motivates people to take action on social issues nationwide.
From exposing the private prison crisis to helping middle class and poor workers to understanding where your tax dollars are going, our groundbreaking social media campaigns have revolutionized activism. We are reaching millions through YouTube, bloggers, networking sites, and strategic partnerships — and we’re getting results.
You are critical to advancing these hard-hitting campaigns. We can't create a socially conscious nation alone.
Please consider donating today to help us create and distribute cutting-edge films that get results. All donations are tax deductible.
Brave New Films is a non-partisan, non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization that carries out the Brave New Films mission by creating and distributing educational films. Brave New Films Action Fund is a 501(c)(4) nonprofit organization that conducts legislative activity necessary to carry out the mission of the Brave New Films family. Neither of the Brave New Films organizations makes contributions to or expressly advocates for the election or defeat of candidates for public office.
- 2020 Social Justice Film Festival: Featurrette Documentary Silver Prize for Suppressed: The Fight to Vote
- 2019 Teaneck Intl Film Festival: Winner Juried Award Best Short for Suppressed: The Fight to Vote
- 2019 American Insight's Free Speech Award for Suppressed: The Fight to Vote
- 2019 (In)Justice for All Film Festival: Impact Award Healing Trauma: Beyond Gangs and Prison
- 2018 Culver City Film Festival: Best Original Screenplay Healing Trauma: Beyond Gangs and Prison
- 2018 Justice on Trial Film Festival Best Short Film for The Bail Trap: American Ransom
- 2014 Media for a just society award for Our Turn to Dream
- 2014 LA Webfest outstanding reality/documentary series for Prison Profiteers
- 2014 LA Webfest outstanding writing in reality/documentary series for Prison Profiteers
- 2013 Media for a just society award for Law and Disorder
- 2009 Bronze Telly for This Brave Nation
- 2008 Laurel Awards
We would like to thank the gracious foundations and individuals who have made our work possible.
- The Schooner Foundation
Brave New Films is dedicated to making an impact with each film and short we produce. Our annual reports are available for download below.
2017 Annual Report
2016 Annual Report
2015 Annual Report
2014 Annual Report
2013 Annual Report
2012 Annual Report
2011 Annual Report
2010 Annual Report
2009 Annual Report
2008 Annual Report
2007 Annual Report