The Outreach Team is responsible for engaging a wide audience to screen and share BNF’s feature and short films and to take action on issue based campaigns. The Team builds and maintains collaborative relationships with a large network of concerned individuals, organizations, groups, schools, faith communities and legislators. The goal is to facilitate the use of BNF films for organizing, education and advocacy around key social justice issues.
The Community Outreach Fellow plays an important role on this Team by supporting research, outreach and relationship management. They will engage in developing and implementing online and offline outreach strategies that target schools, organizations and community groups. The Fellow will also serve as the point of contact for a portfolio of community groups and/or educators. The Fellow will play an important role in raising awareness about critical issues through film.
- Work closely with the Outreach Director to identify and research new potential audiences for screening outreach, strategic partnerships, and coalitions;
- Devise and implement outreach strategies based on current events;
- Establish and maintain relationships beneficial to outreach and partnerships;
- Collect data, analyze and prepare reports about our constituents and outreach trends;
- Assist with tabling and facilitating at film screenings, conferences, schools and community events;
- Identify and participate in relevant community events, often on weekends or in the evenings, to represent and promote all Brave New Films;
- Collect and organize content (photos, quotes, testimonials etc.) for marketing purposes;
- Assist in designing content for discussion guides and blogs - research and verify facts, write background, etc.;
- Maintain an active presence on the Brave New Educators’ FB group.
- Knowledge of and passion for progressive politics and social justice;
- Experience with campus, community, union, or political outreach or organizing;
- Strong communication skills, comfortable communicating with all levels of audiences through various media including phone, email, and in person, (bilingual is a plus);
- Organized, ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively ;
- Experience with and interest in in-depth research;
- Experience working with data systems and/or data entry;
- Adept with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint
- Curiosity, flexibility, desire to learn, a sense of humor, and open to sharing ideas.