Brave New Films champions social justice issues by using media to inspire, empower, motivate, engage and teach civic participation that makes a difference. Our goal is to support the active civic engagement of an informed citizenry by calling attention to important issues through non-partisan social media production and our ingenious multi-platform distribution network.
We are seeking a Development Intern to work closely with the Development department. This position will last at least 10-12 weeks, a minimum of 18 hours a week, and pays $15/hour. We are located in Culver City,CA. Intern needs to have a passion for social justice, willingness to learn and a positive attitude. This is an ideal internship for someone that wishes to learn more about fundraising to pursue professional development within the nonprofit or political world. Additionally, this internship can facilitate skill building in digital media and marketing. This Internship is research intensive.
- Prospect research of potential funders and institutional support.
- Create clear and concise research briefs for talking points/meeting prep.
- Compile compressive yet concise research on potential fundraising opportunities as tied to current events as assigned.
- Assistance maintaining the integrity of our Database/CRM and timeline tracking tools.
- Assistance with donor communications including online marketing and snail mail.
- Assist in the stewardship of current donors
- Participate in brainstorming and contribute creative ideas for future testing
- Copy edit and provide feedback on grant reports, proposals, and LOIs.
- Create graphics, write copy for social media and marketing materials.
- Engage with donors and prospects as needed.
- Currently enrolled in a college program in a related field, bonus points for political science, marketing, or history.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office, Creative Cloud, and Google Suite.
- Passion for progressive politics and activism, bonus points for interest in campaign finance.
- Experience with and interest in in-depth research (you will be researching a lot).
- Attention to detail
- Self-starter that isn’t afraid to ask questions
- Strong storytelling and writing skills
- Flexibility and a sense of humor
- An interest in United States politics and current events.
- Fundamental understanding of digital marketing, media and database management/CRM.
- An innovative, creative thinker.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
BNF provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.