Brave New Films champions social justice issues by using media to inspire, empower, motivate, engage and teach civic participation that makes a difference. Our goal is to support the active civic engagement of an informed citizenry by calling attention to important issues through non-partisan social media production and our ingenious multi-platform distribution network.
We are seeking Outreach Interns to work closely with the Outreach Director and Outreach Fellow. This is an unpaid position will last 12-24 weeks, a minimum of 20 hours a week, and is located in Culver City, CA. A transportation stipend is available. Interns needs to have a passion for social justice and an eagerness to learn!
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the department’s list of contact information for outreach to current and potential partner colleges, universities, high schools, and student organizations.
- Research opportunities to screen BNF films in schools and colleges
- Research potential organizations and groups for partnership
- Email and call partners to promote and set up screenings of BNF films
- Help ensure the smooth execution of screenings and engage in follow up with hosts
- Conduct research on topics related to inequality, justice and security
- Currently enrolled in a college program in a related field, especially education, communications and/or humanities
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Passion for progressive politics and activism
- Experience with and interest in in-depth research
- Attention to detail
- Strong writing skills
- Flexibility and a sense of humor
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter outlining your qualifications and how your values resonate with Brave New Films to email@example.com
Brave New Films is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employs without regard to sex, race, gender, national origin, religion, age, socioeconomic status, handicap or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.