The Production Department is responsible for developing BNF’s films from conception to finished product. They distill complex issues and thoughts into compelling pieces for multiple different platforms (Social media shorts, short films, feature films). The Team has a producers, editors, and researchers who produce dozens of projects of varying size and scope per year.
The Post-Production Fellow supports this Team by searching for footage, statistics, photos, and background information to be used in films. The Fellow tracks and maintains the organization of files downloaded from the internet. The Fellow also creates full pieces, including trailers, vignettes, playlist intros and rapid response videos, both for internal use and to add to distribution channels. The goal of the Production Fellowship is to progress towards more substantial post production opportunities and for the individual to take on more substantial editorial assignments.
- Find video clips, facts, statistics, images, and background information from multiple and reliable sources for use in current projects;
- Ingest and organize found and original footage;
- Produce string outs of select footage for project needs;
- Search for original sources of images or creative common footage;
- Create master clip logs of final cuts - noting timecode, sources, etc.;
- Review previously shot original footage to mark for reuse and add to database of footage for additional material to support larger initiatives or stand alone pieces;
- Assist in developing and editing short trailers, vignettes, and rapid response pieces;
- Contribute to the growth and creativity of the Team by bringing new ideas, videos and visuals to the table to provide inspiration;
- Participate actively in brainstorms and meetings, offering feedback and knowledge of current trends.
- Significant knowledge of political issues;
- Solid Mac-based post-production skills;
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere;
- Experience with camera set-up and operation;
- Ability to tell a compelling and coherent story;
- A consumer of films similar to the ones BNF produces;
- Desire to push oneself and a hunger to try new things;
- A plus, but not required: knowledge of After Effects, fluency in Spanish, interviewing skills, scriptwriting, production skills.