The Shorts Team is responsible for developing BNF’s short films from conception to finished product. They distill complex issues and thoughts into short, quick, and compelling pieces. The Team has a story producer, editors, and a graphic designer who produce several short films per year.
The Post-Production Fellow supports this Team by searching for footage, statistics, photos, and background information to be used in films. The Fellow tracks and maintains the organization of files downloaded from the internet. The Fellow also creates full short pieces, including trailers, vignettes, playlist intros and rapid response videos, both for internal use and to add to distribution channels. Depending on the Fellow’s demonstrated ability, there may be opportunities for him/her to take on more substantial editorial assignments.
- Find video clips, facts, statistics, images, and background information from multiple and reliable sources for use in current projects;
- Ingest and organize found and original footage;
- Produce string outs of select footage for project needs;
- Search for original sources of images or creative common footage;
- Create master clip logs of final cuts - noting timecode, sources, etc.;
- Review previously shot original footage to mark for reuse and add to database of footage for additional material to support larger initiatives or stand alone pieces;
- Assist in developing and editing short trailers, vignettes, and rapid response pieces;
- Contribute to the growth and creativity of the Team by bringing new ideas, videos and visuals to the table to provide inspiration;
- Participate actively in brainstorms and meetings, offering feedback and knowledge of current trends.
- Significant knowledge of political issues;
- Solid Mac-based post-production skills;
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere;
- Experience with camera set-up and operation;
- Ability to tell a compelling and coherent story;
- A consumer of films similar to the ones BNF produces;
- Desire to push oneself and a hunger to try new things;
- A plus, but not required: knowledge of After Effects, fluency in Spanish, interviewing skills, scriptwriting, production skills.