Are you an experienced organizer who is all about reaching and engaging large numbers of people?
Are you a social justice advocate?
Do you love film and believe in power of narrative to change the world?
Are you a supercharged, hard-working, result oriented person?
If so, you are a great fit for Brave New Films!
BNF is seeking a Program Manager. This position requires an organized, outgoing individual who can engage comfortably in a variety of undertakings — from logistics to communications to external relations — with people from all walks of life who are looking to use our films as tools to spark conversations and action.
Reporting to the Director of Distribution, the Program Manager oversees Brave New Films’ screenings and outreach program. This is a large and robust screenings program that conducts thousands of free screenings every year, hosted by local and national advocacy groups, by educators in colleges and high schools, and by individuals in their communities. This position will maintain relationships with our existing network, as well as bring significant expansion to the program, with a current focus on growing awareness of the program and creating strategic relationships with other organizations.
HOW TO APPLY:
The letter of application is a very important first step. Only completed applications will be considered (parts 1 & 2).
Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. In addition to your resume, please include:
• A cover letter in which you provide specific examples of previous work and/or life experience that make you the perfect fit as our Program Manager.
• 2-3 professional references.
2. There is an explosion of political activity and passion for change right now. Keeping in mind that we are a small (but mighty) non-profit, choose one of our existing full-length or short films and tell us how you would:
• Reach the most educators and schools as possible with that film.
• Reach civic groups that are engaged in advocacy work with that film.
Brave New Films (BNF) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, founded by Director Robert Greenwald in 2004 to create media and narrative content that inspires action on criminal justice, economic justice, immigration reform, racial equity and youth leadership. BNF distributes films far and wide through multimedia and grassroots channels to reach new audiences, start conversations, shift attitudes, and disrupt the mainstream narrative.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Compensation salary based on experience. We offer a benefits package with vacation, sick days, fully paid insurance premium on medical/dental/vision, 401(k) matching, maternity/paternity/family leave plan.