Since the race-baiting and fearmongering from the McCain campaign have intensified in recent weeks, we have escalated our campaign to end the politics of hate. This week on Meet the Bloggers, we will discuss race in the presidential race with special guest Rinku Sen, executive director of Applied Research Center and author of the recently released book, The Accidental American: Immigration and Citizenship in the Age of Globalization.
Joining Sen will be bloggers Adia Harvey Wingfield (Racism Review), Joshua Busch (Double Take 08), and Liliana Segura (AlterNet). All three have written extensively about this topic, as you can see from the material below. Check out their articles, and join them in the live blog discussion Friday at 1pm ET/10 am PT at Meet the Bloggers.
- White Progressives Don't Get It — Rinku Sen, Applied Research Center
- Reject the Hate in '08! Don't Fall for Racist Tactics — Joshua Busch, Double Take 08
- Backlash: Six Challenges to McCain's Racist Fearmongering — Liliana Segura, AlterNet
- How White Privilege Works — Adia Harvey Wingfield, Racism Review
- Tell McCain to End the Politics of Hate — Brave New Films