So you know how to handle press? And you’re up for being part of a progressive team of creatives and activists? Wonderful!
Requirements: Previous experience as a communications director or equivalent position.
Here’s what we need:
- Someone who comes in the door with a variety of press contacts and deep relationships that you will use to promote and expand distribution of BNF full length and short films.
- Someone who is excited to help us expand into a variety of new markets, including media that caters to communities of color.
- Someone who knows when it makes sense to do a human-interest story versus a press conference.
- Someone who wants to talk a lot about issues of justice, inequality, and security! And who actually deeply cares about these same issues.
- Someone who is a bit obsessed with the media industry and understands the direction the industry is headed. Seeing in the future is a huge plus!
- Someone who is willing to go back to the drawing board or unwilling to quit when you encounter an obstacle whether internal or external.
- Someone who understands a variety of media – television, radio, online, and more.
- Someone who has the ability to translate campaign strategy into a compelling narrative to garner additional press.
- Some who can talk, write, and pay attention to details! If you can do that in English and Spanish, that’s great, but not required.