Brave New Films is looking for a Pre-Production Co-Producer / Investigative Journalist to join its production team.
Within this role, you work closely with the production team and will be responsible for everything to do with our films before we bring in the cameras.
Responsibilities include but aren’t limited to:
- Conduct in-depth research on various topics and be able to synthesize and condense complex information into digestible facts
- Pitching options for unique, creative approaches and styles
- Casting short documentary pieces and coordinating schedules and logistics for production
- Writing structure outlines, interview questions and VO scripts
- Ensuring all content is factual, ethical, compelling and organized
The ideal candidate will be organized, creative, tenacious and excited to tackle any topic.
He/she will also have:
- Strong journalism background and demonstrated ability to uncover new information on any given topic
- At least two years’ experience in documentary production
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong news judgment, excellent journalistic instincts and a critical eye for details
- Highly organized and able to multi-task to consistently meet high pressure deadlines
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively within a team
- Willingness to work long hours when necessary
- Video journalism experience a plus
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
How To Apply:
Please include your resume, link to recent video and what your role was in the piece, and a cover letter letting us know why you are our ideal candidate. In your cover letter please discuss any of our videos about Trump and let us know what worked and what you think could have been improved. Send all to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Brave New Films is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits package includes healthcare, vacation, and matching 401K