We're Hiring a Social Media Strategist! Apply Today!
Social Media Strategist
Brave New films is looking for a Social Media Strategist who lives and breathes politics, can’t turn off social media (even when sleeping!),thrives in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment, and wants to change the world.Main responsibilities will be to grow BNF’s ongoing social media presence and coordinate the release strategy for BNF’s upcoming feature film,Making a Killing: Guns, Greed, and the NRA.
- Social media release strategy for an upcoming feature film to expose the NRA + other short-form political videos across the spectrum of justice, inequality, and security issues.
- Building and maintaining relationship with other social media admins for cross-promotion/collaboration
- Managing BNF's online profiles (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat)
- Creating topical shareable graphics and animated GIFs based on trending topics
- Optimizing videos for YouTube/Facebook/etc (titles, thumbnails, descriptions, playlists, captions)
- Promoting videos to various Facebook groups / admins
- Moderating comments and banning trolls
- Training and supervising our full-time fellows and part-time interns
- Repurposing existing videos for new formats (instagram/etc)
- Working with production team to QC videos and prepare them for online launches.
- Ideally, 3-5 years experience working in a social media capacity - or being a natural social media genius with proof of said genius.
- Prior relationship with other progressive social media admins - including gun safety admins - a HUGE plus
- Love of progressive politics and activism required
- Willingness to take on the NRA and gun companies required
- Photoshop required
- Premiere Pro a plus
- Must be adaptable to a constantly changing social media, political, and organizational landscape
This is a Los Angeles based position (Culver City). No remote position requests will be considered.
Please submit, along with your resume:
- A kickass cover letter stating why you are the perfect person for the job
- 5 examples of social media you have created
- 2 examples of social media you created that got the most views/comments
- 3 examples of social media you wish you had created or would create for our Guns, Greed &
- the NRA campaign.
How To Apply
Send all applications to [email protected] with the title Social Media Strategist Application. We will fill the position as soon as we find the ideal candidate.
Brave New Films is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employs without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, handicap or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Additionally, it is the policy of Brave New Films to maintain a work environment free from discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran/military status, marital status or other status protected by federal or state law, with regard to any term or condition of employment.